Totally Self-Sufficient Luxury Retreat with All the Amenities
Have you always wanted to live off-grid in a beautiful, secluded setting? This is it!
This property has it all and now it can be yours!
80 Fenced Acres
- 3,000 sq. ft. custom-built, southern-exposure home with all the amenities
- 180-degree mountain view
- Granite counters with under-mount sinks throughout.
- Tile and wood floors upstairs and stained concrete downstairs.
- Main floor has laundry room, office, bathroom, great room, kitchen, dining room and walk-in pantry
- The extra-large gourmet kitchen has all stainless steel Jenn-Air appliances which include:
- double refrigerators
- 6-burner gas stove
- microwave oven
Great room with 18 ft. ceilings and a full wall of windows for passive solar
- 4 motorized skylights
- 2 ceiling fan
- Radiant heat through-out and a highly efficient wood fireplace that will heat the entire upper floor (lifetime supply of firewood on property)
- Need food storage? How about 2 over-sized walk-in pantries (136 sq. ft. total)
- Downstairs has 2 oversized bedrooms, bathroom, cold storage pantry and master suite
- Master suite is 580 sq. ft. with walk-in shower, double sinks and 150 sq. ft. of closet space
- This 3 bedroom, 3 bath home even has an attached 24’X25’ garage with radiant floor heat and an 8’X 16’ motorized door
- There are 4 thermal panels on the garage roof
This property also features:
- A 48’X36’ shop with concrete floor and (3) 10’X12’ motorized garage doors
- The 4th bay of the shop is a 2-story guest house (1,008 sq. ft.) which including:
- 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom upstairs
A full apartment downstairs including:
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Full kitchen with black full-sized Maytag appliances (refrigerator, 4-burner gas stove, dishwasher and microwave oven)
- Living area
- Laundry (full-sized Maytag Neptune stack washer and gas dryer)
- Walk-in pantry
- Radiant heat and Granite counters through-out
- The shop also features a 12’X48’ enclosed lean-to, on one side, for additional storage
Have you always wanted to have your own Fire Lookout? Me too, so I built one. It sits over the top of a 5,000 gallon water storage tank and powerhouse.
- The powerhouse contains a state-of-the-art 48-volt Outback solar system with (12) Rolls 4-volt 1,380 amp hour batteries and 12kW Cummins diesel fully automatic back-up generator (with its own 600-gallon fuel tank).
- All this attached to (20) 170 watt BP solar panel array. That’s 3.4kW of solar power!!
- The fire lookout has a spectacular 360-degree view, wrap-around deck, complete pine interior (floors, ceiling and walls) and propane lights for ambience. (It is sitting on top of all the power you would ever need). It is plumbed for sink, propane heat, hot water heater and outdoor shower. This portion has not yet been completed.
The water is from a 500' deep well that artesianed to within 20 feet of the top. It is rated at 17 gallons per minute. The stand-alone solar pump (with its own panels) will pump 12 gallons per minute to the storage tank which gravity then feeds to the house and guest house with approximately 52psi.
The other out-building is a 20’X20’ wood storage shed (built in 2009) with a full metal roof and Hardie Plank siding to match the house.
The property also includes:
- 2,000 gallons of above-ground fuel storage
- a 1,000 gallon propane tank (rented) for the main house and a 500 gallon propane tank (owned) for the guest house
All buildings were built between 2005 and 2008. I am a general contractor and built to the highest of standards. We planned on living here for the rest of our lives.
There are many more things I would like to say, but I will finish by saying that we have had a garden for the last 2 years. We are at 4,500 ft. elevation and the wildlife is spectacular! Wild turkeys, deer and elk, to name a few, right in our back yard and within 20 feet of the house. We are vegetarian and I think the animals know it! Our nearest neighbor is about 1 mile away. If you are looking for remote, this is it. We are 6 miles from the county road. The beautiful night sky has a million stars and no light pollution! It is divine!
THIS PROPERTY HAS BEEN SOLD!